May 15, 2007

Diffusion of Responsibility

I'm appalled by the video today about the 91 year old WWII Vet being beaten by a car jacker while no one helped. This is related to what I wrote about yesterday--the "ME" generation where one's personal agenda is put above the community. I stopped yesterday at a horrible accident scene to help. I was able to secure the safety of the scene by placing road flares to redirect traffic through the intersection and then stayed to direct traffic until authorities were in place to take over. It took 15 minutes of my busy day. There were people and mayhem scattered all over the intersection...the least I could do was to direct some traffic so more people weren't hurt or killed. If you live without making the world a better place, then it's a waste of life and time in my book. It's not just about money and bling bull crap--how shallow if that's all it is. Be well today. Ragin' RJ!

No comments: