May 14, 2007

"Me" Generation

I've had a number of conservations with friends over this emerging narcissism of today's American culture. I have even been accused of feeding my own ego by talking about my press coverage for wellness and athletics. Let's get something straight--anyone that knows me well knows that my life, career, and passion is about making the world a better place by helping people through wellness. My ego doesn't mean squat compared to helping my fellow Americans. If it spills over to other countries, then great. I've helped people in numerous countries beyond the USA. Why do I market "me" and my logo, website, brand marketing image? To market wellness!!! Why? Because Jack LaLanne told me in a personal interview to do more to market health and wellness. LaLanne did very public feats of fitness endurance and strength for years. People that don't know him would say it was about his "ego", but that is BS! He told me himself it was about creating awareness for the cause of health and wellness. LaLanne is my master teacher--I take my cues from him and not others too busy to find out who I really am. From the front...Ragin' RJ!

No comments: