June 24, 2007

Huntington Beach-Physical Culture

I was running at Huntington Beach last week. I did some grass body-weight strength after my sand run. A group of girl soccer players were there finishing warm-up drills. They went for a "two-mile" run to finish. I had to reflect...I can't remember the last time I saw or heard about a bunch of 10-12 year old girls running two miles. None of them were obese. They looked pretty healthy and happy--even when they finished! Think there is a coorelation? Probably.
Hanging in HB is a "Physical Culture" because people are moving! I saw many 70+ men riding bikes, people running, walking, surfing, etc. And of course, as usual when I'm in Surf City, I went to my favorite yoga studio and got my ass kicked again by the surfer chicks! Ahhh...but it's a good pain! People are alive in well in HB...it was refreshing to see some fitness instead of fatness for a change. From surf and sand...Ragin' RJ!

No comments: