March 28, 2007

The Business of WELLness

I was stressed today. The business side of wellness is actually very intense. The country is entering a firestorm--a complete shift from the doctor taking care of you to YOU figuring out how to take care of yourself. The system has failed to make us healthier. We are fatter and more out of shape than ever. Companies are scrambling to incorporate wellness processes into their daily business--which is where I fit in today. Responsibility is finally shifting towards personal responsibility for one's own health--as it should be. It's incredible to me how hard I have to work to get people to be WELL! I mean really--how many things in life can you NOT find any problems with? How can you say anything bad about being healthy? There are NO side effects! It should be easy to get people on board right? WRONG! It defies logic to me. People are so damn stubborn about refusing to be healthy! By God, I am NOT going to be healthy, NOT going to exercise, NOT going to eat well. Result? Spending a whole lot of time in pain at the doctor's office constipated. That's right constipated! :o( People that eat like crap don't crap! Many people don't crap for 3-5 days in America--no wonder we are so jacked up! Don't even get me started! To "cure myself" from all this today, I headed straight for the yoga studio after work. Interestingly, I felt like a different person after the class. Like my go(o)d friend Steve Ilg says of wholisticfitness.com, "It's all yoga." He says first--it's breath and posture. If nothing else, breathe and stand up straight! That got me into the front door of the yoga studio tonight...more breath and posture got me home...Keep the chi baby! Ragin' RJ!

No comments: