March 25, 2007

Critics vs. Truth

The last decade I've taken a lot of heat for my direct stance against obesity and sloth. The usual labels for me are "health nut, unreasonable, or zealot." When I interviewed Jack LaLanne for my master's thesis a few years ago, he told me he'd be six inches taller if he had not been beaten down so much throughout his career! He told me for over 50 years he's been labeled a zealot, crackpot, dangerous, along with others. So, I guess when you consider that I'm drawing the same kind of fire, I'm on the right path! He also told me to tell people the truth--the truth was his #1 recommendation to me as I launched my career into health and wellness. Since LaLanne is "THE" most successful person in the history of American health and fitness, I'm taking that recommendation to heart! My reality check is this--what would Jack do? And I'm not talking about that dumb ass Jack in the Box! It is not pleasant or PC to face American obesity head on--but we must. Ask yourself two questions.
  1. Will our increasing obesity make America healthier in this new century?
  2. Will our decreasing fitness enable us to efficiently defend our country?

To someone like me, it really about national security. My family raised me to believe in a strong national defense. I did not serve in the military, so this is my form of serving my country--to get America Fit and Strong. If you are justifying obesity and sloth for America and still saying Jack and I are unreasonable, I have one more question for you...how reasonable will it be for many of our children today developing diabetes because of their parents feeding them crap for food when their lower extremities get amputated because of diabetes?! Look over end results of diabetes--then do the right thing to save our country before it's too late...Ragin' RJ

"Any stupid ass can die. You have to work at living!"
--Jack LaLanne

No comments: