April 6, 2007

Tech Stress

Our house flooded before Xmas. We are finally having all the repairs done this week. I unhooked the TV then couldn't get the damn thing to work in the other room. My 3 year old daughter was upset because she had no morning "doggie" movie! I've got a lot of work going on, so told everyone to forget about the damn TV for a couple of weeks until the work is done. THEN-my PC crashed yesterday! Off to the Geek Squad pronto! I'm convinced that technology has NOT been good for health. People are too plugged in and turned on today. Steve Ilg (wholisticfitness.com) really got me thinking about this issue in one of his High-Performance Yoga classes last year...he started by challenging us to turn OFF and told how easy is was to keep turning ON in today's frantic society--how true! When is the last time you turned off? People are talking on the cell phone or doing a Blackberry message while taking a crap now! It's crazy! NOT good! So...after the TV and PC problems, I went out and mowed the lawn. I enjoyed the "old school" physical labor! There is something therapeutic to just mowing grass and sweeping the driveway and gutter...Keepin' it simple in A-Town this week with less tech...Ragin' RJ!

No comments: